Safety Management System
IMO MODEL NO.
This course is meant to increase the level of safety awareness of officers and use techniques mentioned therein to provide a good safe working environment. The course also educates officers in identifying occupational hazards and improving their level of safety consciousness.
COMPLETION OF THS COURSE is mandatory for safety officers/Representatives on board ships.
The officers shall be able to:-
- Understand the duties and obligations regarding safety on board.
- Apply their Authority in prevention of accidents, removal of hazards and raising safety consciousness on board.
- Applying Code of safe working practices.
Contents of the course
- The causes, effects and control of loss.
- Safety Rules and regulations
- Occupational hazards and Remedial Measures
- Mechanical, chemical, Thermal, electrical, Acoustical contacts.
- Permit system.
- Behaviour based safety – “STOP” FOR SAFETY SUPERVISION.
- Safety Inspections
- Safety Talks and Safety Training.
- Safety Officers Role.